Depuy Post Modern Frosted Glass Pendant
Chandelier Size Guide
There are wide range of chandeliers varying in size, finish and style, selecting the ideal fit is a tough task. If you are not sure about what chandelier style you want yet, check out our guide for different types of chandeliers In this blog, we are going to dive deep into how to choose the right size chandelier, which will adds great ambiance and style for your home.
Choose the right size chandelier is not an easy task as there are so many variables and sometimes we do not even know where to get started. What should be the right size for a chandelier? A small chandelier can easily get lost if it is a large space and cannot deliver a strong design element, while a large chandelier can be too overwhelming in a small space. The right chandelier is proportional to the height and width of the room as well as the furniture size in the room.
- How to determine the chandelier’s diameter
Measure spaces’ length and width in feet, sum them up and that will be approximate diameter for the chandelier in inches.
For example: 16 feet (Room Length) + 8 feet (Room Width) = 24 feet; The chandelier should be about 24 inches for its diameter
- How to determine the chandelier’s height
Measure the space’s floor to ceiling distance in feet, multiple by 2.5 will be approximate height for the chandelier in inches.
For example: 11 feet (Room Height), 11*2.5 = 27.5 The chandelier should be about 27.5 inches for its height
- How to determine how high should the chandelier to be hanged
If you are hanging the chandelier on an open floor, chandelier’s bottom should at least be 7 feet away from the floor.
If you are hanging the chandelier above a dining table, chandelier’s bottom should be 30 to 36 inches away from the tabletop.
Other rules which can apply for different type of spaces.
If you are hanging the chandelier above your dining table, you can also decide the size of the chandeliers based on the size of your dining table. We generally recommend that the width or diameter of the chandelier should be between 1/2 and 2/3 of the width of the dining table.
For example, let’s say that you have a dining table with 32 inches in width and 66 inches in length.
- If you are choosing a round chandelier, its diameter should be between 16 (32 x 1/2) to 21 (32 x 2/3) inches.
- If you are choosing a rectangular chandelier, its width should be between 16 to 21 inches and length should be 33 to 44 inches (Same here 1/2 to 2/3 of the dining table length)
Two-Story Foyer with Staircase
Beside the general rule that the chandelier’s bottom should be at least 7 and half feet away from the floor. For two story, what you also need to consider is that how will it look from the second floor. In general, staircase chandeliers will be a good choice for the space. In term of placing, below are two commonly seen guidance:
- The general guideline is to use the second floor as a reference point. Hanging the chandelier slightly lower than or at the top of the staircase. This way, when you are at the top of the staircase, the top of the chandelier will be at your eye-level.
- On the other hand, there are many designers who advocate for independent placement just to make the chandelier the focal point or placing the chandelier in relation to another architectural features. For example. if there is a large transparent window above the door, it should be centered in the window for best visual result from outside.
Chandelier size for hall ways should be determined by the width of the hallway. Multiple the hallway’s width in feet by 2.5 will be the diameter of the chandelier in inches.
For example, the hallway’s width is 8 feet. The chandelier’s diameter should be about 20 (8 x 2.5) inches
If you want to decorate with chandelier for your long hallways. We always recommend having them
- Centered in the middle of the hallway
- Spaced between 8 and 10 feet apart
- At least 7 and half feet clearance from floor to bottom of chandelier.
Shipping + Delivery
How Much Does Shipping Cost?
We are currently offering free shipping worldwide.
When Will My Order Ship?
We search the world to bring you the best assortment in modern design. Depending on what you order, your item might be sitting on a warehouse shelf just around the corner, or will be custom-made for you overseas. These factors impact the lead time required to prepare your order for shipment. We commit to giving you as much information as possible every step of the way during your order process and while you wait for your order to arrive.
- Each product has a general availability message on our website, indicating the expected ship date.
- After your order has been placed on our website, or over the phone, our Customer Service team will send you an email confirming the expected ship date within 24-48 hours.
- When your order ships, you will receive an email from us with specific carrier and tracking information.
If, at any point along the way, you need more information please don't hesitate to call our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Will My Order Ship And How Long Will It Take To Get To Me?
We will ship your order the fastest, most reliable way possible to ensure your purchase arrives ready for you to enjoy. Each item on our site has pre-determined shipping methods based on the specific characteristics of the product, and our years of experience in shipping these items successfully.
We offer three main delivery methods:
- We ship via UPS, FedEx or DHL and generally take 8-10 business days to arrive.
- Custom Orders: From Order to Production 2-4 Weeks.
Can I Cancel My Order If It's In Transit?
No, you can not. Once your order is in transit and you decide to cancel, you will be responsible to pay for shipping and 20% re-stocking fee charge.
What If My Order Arrives Damaged?
If by some chance, your item was damaged during transit, please contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com
How Much Time Do I Have to Inspect My Package For Damage?
It is critical that you inspect your order upon delivery. Orders delivered via a freight carrier specifically must be inspected upon delivery of the item. If you find any issues, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
At Luxor Home Decor & Lighting, returns are easy! We strive to offer the best shopping experience, including fast and hassle-free returns. Please Contact Customer Service to process your return at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that you check your order or items upon receipt and always before use. If any errors occur or issues arise then these need to be reported to us immediately so we can investigate. Returned product must be in its original package and in new/unused condition to qualify for any refund. If the product has been installed already, it can not be returned. Customized items are not eligible for return as well.
** Furniture can not be returned** If Damaged, a replacement will be given**
EXCEPTIONS - We cannot accept returns of:
- Products that have been installed or assembled
- Products that are not in the original condition and packaging
- Products with unwrapped crystals
Note that a request to return items totaling more than $2,000 may incur restocking fees. We reserve the right to apply refunds in the form of a store credit in certain circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: check package carefully before signing for your item(s). If package is delivered in damaged/damp/deformed condition, please request a "Damage Report/Proof of Damage" documentation from your delivery carrier. This will be one of the very important materials for damage return and refund.
Products with Quality Problems
We guarantee all of our products against material and workmanship defects. And we have high standards when it comes to packaging your order, however, mistakes do occur from time to time. Please accept our apologies if you have received an incorrect or damaged item. If we ship a defective, damaged or mis-shipped item, we can offer you an exchange, repair service, or new components for replacement. We will be responsible for all fees.
The Products are Fine, But I Changed My Mind
Products with no quality-related issues can be returned within 14 days of receiving your order. Products (excluding custom made orders) with no quality-related issues can be returned for a refund or exchange by contacting Customer Service within 14 days of receiving your order. You will be responsible for all return shipping fees and a 20% re-stocking fee will be deducted.
Any product that has been used does not qualify for a return. Returned items must be unused, with original packaging.
Specific Return Policy for Customized Orders
Our custom orders are not eligible for return. Item made to your special requirements cannot be returned or exchanged without any reason.
For all products excluding made-to-order items, orders may be cancelled for a full refund at any time until the order is shipped.
-Orders cancelled within 24 hours of payment confirmation are eligible for a full refund.
-For orders cancelled after 24 hours, 15% restocking fee will be charged.
-Orders that have already been shipped can not be cancelled.
-Orders cancelled while in transit will inquire a shipping fee cost plus a 20% restocking fee.
For Made-To-Order products:
-Orders cancelled within 24 hours of payment confirmation are eligible for a full refund.
-Orders cancelled after production begins may be cancelled, but you will be responsible for 50% of the product price.
-Made-To-Order products that have already been shipped can not be cancelled.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled the return or replacement of any item, you please contact our customer service representatives at email@example.com. We welcome any feedback you have regarding our products and service.
We reserve the right not to accept the returns or to process the replacement or the refund request without prior approval from our Customer Service.
Any purchase on Luxor Home Decor & Lighting indicates that you have read, understood and agreed with our Return Policy stated above.
- Material: Premium Iron, Frosted Glass
- Power Source: AC
- Certification: UL
- Lampshade Color: Gold & White
- Light Source: LED Bulbs (included)
- Installation Type: Cord Pendant
- Dimensions: 2 Heads (L40cm x 20cm) ,4 Heads (L60cm x W20cm), 6 Heads (L80cm x W20cm), 8 Heads (L100cm x W20cm),12 Heads (L140cm x W20cm), 14 Heads (160cm x W20cm)
- Number of light sources: 4, 6, 8, 12, 14
- Customization is available upon request
- Estimated Delivery: 10-15 Days
- Free Shipping
- CE: 50-60v
- North American Wiring: 110-240v